Coal Hard Truth Forum – Magnolia
Learn about the effect coal trains will have on Magnlia's quality of life and community health. Learn about the proposed coal export terminals and trains from community members and experts from the Power Past Coal campaign.
Jun 20, 2012
from 07:00 pm to 09:00 pm
|Where||Magnolia United Church of Christ, Pilgrim Hall, 3555 W McGraw St., Seattle|
|Contact Name||Robin Everett|
|Contact Phone||206-378-0114 x308|
|Add event to calendar||
What are the risks if the largest coal company in the world - Peabody Coal - is allowed to transport up to 48 million tons of coal through Magnolia on rail to send to Asia?
• Steve Sundquist, Climate Solutions Board member. Steve is a member of the downtown chapter of Seattle Rotary, and a partner at Social Venture Partners, a Seattle-based community of social investors. He also serves as a Board Director for ONE/Northwest, an organization specializing in delivering information technology tools and strategies for environmental non-profits to use in communicating and building relationships. In the education arena, Steve served on the Seattle School Board from 2007-2011, including as Vice President of the Board. He retired in 2005 after a 21+ year career with Russell Investment Group.
You will Learn About:
• The regional impact and specifics of this dirty and dangerous project;
• Health threats from coal dust, traffic and emergency service delays, diesel exhaust and global warming pollution;
• Why we have a moral obligation to protect our planet from coal exports;
• What you can do to stop this coal export proposal!
Presented by the Power Past Coal Campaign.