Spring 2013 NW Clean & Affordable Energy Conference
Join the NW Energy Coalition as they host a NW Clean & Affordable Energy Conference in Boise Idaho, where experts from Idaho and across the Northwest will address some of the region’s most exciting energy issues.
May 31, 2013 08:00 AM
Jun 01, 2013 02:30 PM
|Where||Red Lion Hotel, Boise, Idaho|
|Add event to calendar||
Conference agenda highlights:
• Panel: The power of small-scale renewables: Opportunities in the Northwest
The region is increasing it reliance on small-scale renewables. Panelists will examine the policies that are moving Idaho and other Northwest states toward distributed generation resources such as solar and wind power, including feed-in tariffs, net-metering and consumer incentive programs.
• Panel: From urban to rural: Harvesting more energy efficiency
Energy efficiency is our most abundant clean energy resource, but how can we secure all the energy efficiency we need? The panel will explore the challenges of acquiring energy efficiency in rural and urban communities, such as population density, delivery costs, condition of low-income housing stocks, and look at agricultural energy-saving opportunities.
• Panel: A bend in the river: A stakeholder process for Columbia-Snake salmon recovery and the Army Corps’ sediment dilemma
A new opportunity has arisen to craft a comprehensive solution to restoring endangered Columbia Basin salmon. Panelists will discuss the opportunities presented by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Fisheries stakeholder process and bring us up-to-date on the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ study on sediment management needs on the Snake River.
• Friday evening reception and awards presentation
• And don’t miss Saturday’s clean energy tour in downtown Boise!