What do biocarbon solutions look like?
To learn more about biocarbon solutions and see them in action, meet our Innovation Partners and find out how their projects increase the capacity of the planet to absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, view our videos of some Northwest biocarbon leaders, or click on one of the icons below:
WHAT DOEs THE NORTHWEST BIOCARBON INITIATIVE DO?
NBI will demonstrate the essential role that natural systems can play in reducing carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere and help the Northwest develop catalytic, world-class initiatives to build the biocarbon economy.
NBI works to:
- Demonstrate the essential role that natural systems can play in reducing carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere and to increase public understanding of biocarbon;
- Champion the stories of real Northwest people and communities whose projects are delivering biocarbon results in ways that save money and do better by the environment;
- Galvanize the region’s emerging biocarbon community to develop innovative and effective strategies to increase biocarbon storage and build a vibrant restoration economy;
- Cultivate revenue streams and public policies that ensure good biocarbon projects make good economic sense–the key to widespread adoption;
- Position the Northwest as the nation’s leading laboratory and incubator for biocarbon solutions, and help draw resources to the region to sustain our cutting- edge leadership.
For more information on the Northwest Biocarbon Initiative
contact Rhys Roth, 360.352.1763 x23