Jan 07, 2014
- “Goldman Sachs’ stepping away from coal export is yet another sign from Wall Street that it's a losing investment. We can do better than coal export both in Bellingham and the Northwest.”
Oct 28, 2013
- "This action today shows what climate leadership looks like. The days of free and unlimited carbon dumping by polluters in our region are numbered and today’s commitment from the governors and Premier is a great market signal to that effect."
Climate Impacts and Economic Opportunities: Business, Elected, Public Health Leaders Call for Bold Action in WAOct 22, 2013
Opportunities for Reducing Climate Pollution and Accelerating the Homegrown Clean Energy Economy Under Consideration by Gov. Inslee and Legislators in Climate WorkgroupInfluential leaders in business, government and public health will gather to voice their support for strong action from Governor Inslee and the Climate Workgroup to limit costly climate pollution, create jobs and build a stronger economy.
U.S. EPA’s Announcement to Regulate Climate Pollution from New Coal-Fired Power Plants Draws Strong Positive Reactions From Northwest Business, Clean Energy LeadersSep 20, 2013
- "The EPA put accountability where it belongs and they're a powerful example of West Coast climate leadership, as they’re modeled on the standards pioneered in California, Washington, and Oregon."
Feb 19, 2014Special to the Oregonian
- We have a Clean Fuels Program in Oregon, and we ought to be using it — using it to create jobs and using it to create cleaner and less expensive transportation choices for consumers.
Feb 11, 2014Special to the Hillsboro Argus
- I hope Sen. Bruce Starr, R-Hillsboro, supports, and the Oregon Legislature passes, this common sense legislation. Oregonians, both now and into the future, deserve a say in what moves them.
Feb 06, 2014Think Progress
- The nascent Clean Fuels Program in Oregon, which once underway would cut the greenhouse gas emissions from Oregon’s transportation fuels by 10 percent over 10 years, is meeting with staunch pushback from the fossil fuel industry.
Feb 05, 2014Oregonian
- The oil industry, which once didn't pay much attention to the Oregon Legislature, has more than doubled its lobbying expenditures over the last four years as it has fought with environmental groups over a new law intended to drive down the use of greenhouse-causing emissions from fuel.